The battle against acne is one that seems to never end. There are so many products available these days that promise “to get rid of acne fast!”, that it’s hard to choose from. The question is, do they really work? Well, some work while others make the situation even worse. It’s just how it goes. The good news is that there are more natural ways of fighting acne that you may not be aware of, using common household items. Keep reading for the best home pimple remedies.
Home Pimple Remedies
1. Lemon juice
This is one of the simplest home remedies. The acidic property of lemon is very useful when it comes to treating acne. The lemon juice will work by cleaning out the dirt that has accumulated in the pores and harden the sebum. You can use it daily on the skin, but if you find that your skin gets dry after a while, just use it for two to three days a week. Steps:
- Cut a lemon slice and rub it on the affected area for a few hours and then rinse it with warm water.
- You can also mix lemon juice with rose water in equal amounts and use the solution to wash the affected areas thoroughly.
2. Tea tree oil.
This acts as an antiseptic and disinfects the pores. It also helps to kill the bacteria causing acne. Steps:
- Just apply a drop on the affected area three times a day.
- When undiluted, tea tree oil can cause irritation, redness and dryness. In this case, use it in diluted water or mix it with aloe Vera gel and then apply.
3. Orange peels.
The acidic property and the high vitamin C present in the peels make them perfect for the job. Steps:
- Put the orange peels in the sun and allow them to dry completely.
- Grind the peels into powder and then add water to make a paste.
- Apply it on the affected area and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water.
This is an herb that is used to treat acne due to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiseptic properties.
- Mix fresh fenugreek leaves with water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Repeat the procedure for three to four days.
5. Aloe Vera.
The soothing and anti-inflammatory properties of Aloe Vera gel can treat acne in a matter of days. The gel is also very effective when it comes to healing scars caused by acne.
- You can get the gel by squeezing it from the leaves of the plant.
- Cut the leaves and squeeze from the middle.
- Apply the gel on the affected area twice a day for best results.
This is a bright orange spice that is used for cooking. It has also been used in India as a cure for centuries. Not only does it have antibacterial properties, but also helps to get rid of the acne scars. It works like an exfoliant, making it ideal for brightening the complexion and fading acne scars. The antibacterial, and antioxidant properties give it inflammation fighting power.
- Mix one part of turmeric with two parts of natural yogurt.
- Apply it on the skin as a mask and wash off after 10-15 minutes.
We hope that these natural home acne remedies give you enough ammunition to treat your acne, the natural way. If you have used any of these methods before, or maybe you have some of your own, we would love to hear from you!
Disclaimer– Please keep in mind that we are not dermatologists here at Acne Help Today. This list of 6 home pimple remedies was posted for informational purposes only. Please consult your doctor and/or dermatologist regarding you health/acne issues.