Not everyone likes taking medication, whether it’s related to getting rid of acne or any other ailment. Some people are afraid that there might be side-effects and others just believe more in the natural side of health care. If that’s you, then we have some good news. There are natural ways to fight the acne battle. Today we’re going to cover the 9 essential vitamins that help with acne. (Note: To make sure you are taking the proper daily dosage, refer to the Vitamins: Recommended Intake Levels chart)
Vitamins That Help With Acne
- Vitamin A – One of our favorites because not only does it strengthen the skin’s protective tissue; It also helps to cut down on sebum creation in the body. Not only that, vitamin A helps removes toxins from the body. Making sure you get the proper daily dose of Vitamin A is the first step in fighting acne.
- Vitamin B1 – Gives you better energy, metabolism, and digestion which gives your body a better overall balance which is important because imbalance is also a cause of acne.
- Vitamin B2 – If you want healthy-looking nails, skin, and hair, then this is the one to take. Acne is often a symptom of vitamin B2 deficiency.
- Vitamin B3 – Improves circulation, which also has a great effect on skin and it also helps with the body’s metabolism of carbs, proteins and fat.
- Vitamin B5 – Known to help decrease anxiety and stress levels in some people and as you have hopefully read from the other blog posts on our site, stress is a definite factor in the development of acne.
- Vitamin B6 – Essential if you want a properly functioning immune system and antibody production. Lacking Vitamin B6 could be another reason why you are having outbreaks.
- Chromium – This one is great for lowering risks of skin infections. To make sure that you get enough of it in your daily diet, it is usually consumed in two forms: chromium picolinate or chromium polynicotinate.
- Zinc – This one is great for healing damaged tissue and is also known to stop scarring. It works by regulating oil gland activities in your body.
- Vitamin E – Another great vitamin that improves the healing process and also repairs damaged tissue. Not only that, it also stops cell damage by holding back the formation of free radicals and the oxidation of lipids.
A great place to get vitamins that help with acne is Amazon. Click HERE if you want to see what’s on sale now.
Disclaimer – Please keep in mind that we are not dermatologists here at Acne Help Today. The list of 9 essential vitamins that help with acne posted above was for informational purposes only. Please consult your doctor and/or dermatologist regarding you health/acne issues.