If your skin is in need of some revitalization, hemp oil is a definite “must try.” There are many benefits your skin will experience when you use hemp oil (which is extracted from the hemp plant). It is a natural oil and is quickly becoming a popular skin remedy, and there is no surprise why. Hemp oil has many amazing qualities that have helped propel it to the top of today’s skin-care regimes. Whether applied externally on the skin, or taken internally for long-term skin health, there is something for everyone with hemp oil. Hemp seeds give the highest quality oil, although oil can be extracted from the entire hemp plant. Keep reading for the benefits of hemp oil for skin care.
Why Hemp Oil For Skin Care?
- Contains the right amount of fatty acids. Hemp seeds contain 75-80% polyunsaturated fatty acids, with 9-11% saturated fatty acids. This is an extremely desirable ratio, as polyunsaturated fatty acids are the kind which we require, and are often found lacking in our modern diets. This is a great source of healthy fats for your skin, brain and entire body.
- It’s a Remedy for Dry Skin. Hemp oil is greatly lubricating, and this is why it is a top skin moisturizer. Simply rub the hemp oil into dry, cracked skin for immediate relief. Do not keep your bottle of hemp oil in the bathroom, however, as it goes rancid quickly. Store it in a dark, cool place such as a refrigerator.
- Can easily be added to other skin creams – Although hemp oil can be used alone, it is a great addition to creams, lotions and other skin moisturizers. You can buy it already in the remedies, or add it to your favorite lotion. Simply squeeze the amount of hemp oil you desire into the other bottle, shake, and use normally.
- Some of the vitamins in hemp oil include vitamins A, C, E and beta-carotene. It also contains calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and sulfur. These are all essential to a healthy daily living.
- Hemp oil is an oil which can be consumed orally, which makes it easier to take it daily. It has a slightly nutty flavor and can be used when cooking with low heat. It is also a great addition to salad dressings, pesto, and hummus. In addition, it adds delicious depth to soups. Just be sure to add it to the soup after cooking is done, unless you are cooking the soup on a low temperature.
- It is anti-inflammatory, which helps combat the devastation that inflammation can have on your skin’s appearance. Hemp oil reduces skin’s red appearance, assisting in giving you a moderate, healthy glow.
- Hemp oil doesn’t clog pores, unlike some other oils. It actually helps unclog them. It protects softness and elasticity in the skin, as well as protecting the skin’s water barrier. If you have eczema or psoriasis, hemp oil may be the answer you need to clear up these troublesome issues.
Hemp oil is not a fad that will come and go. It has several benefits that promises to have lasting success. If you are looking to give a boost to your skin, think about giving it a try today. Your skin will definitely thank you for including hemp oil on your plate and adding it your beauty routine. If you aren’t sure where to start, there are a ton of amazing hemp oil products at Amazon that can help you. What are your thoughts on hemp oil for skin care? We’d love to get some feedback from you. Just use the comment box below. Until next time!