Coconut oil seems to be all the rage these days when it comes to skin care. But, is coconut oil good for skin? Many commercial moisturizers make you feel as though your skin is nourished because of the water, but as soon as that water dries, your skin becomes dry and dehydrated again. Many of these moisturizers contain petroleum-based ingredients that will, in the long run, suffocate your skin. However, coconut oil can provide you with a deeper cleansing for your skin and can help to strengthen your primary tissues. This is because coconut oil has medium chain fatty acids. It will quickly absorb into the skin where it will then be used for nutrition and energy. This process provides your skin with all the energy that it will need to heal and maintain itself. Keep reading for other benefits of coconut oil for skin.
Other Benefits of Coconut Oil For Skin
There are many benefits to including coconut oil in your skin care regime, some of which include:
- Coconut oil has been proven to have antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- It can help with your acne by killing the bacteria causing the blemishes in the skin.
- Coconut oil can be applied as a deodorant and it often used to remove body odor.
- Mixed with a few drops of bergamot essential oil, coconut oil can help to heal chapped lips and cold sores.
- Coconut oil is natural – there are no chemicals in it.
- The Vitamin E found in coconut oil is known to help soothe psoriasis and eczema.
- There are three fatty acids found in coconut oil: capric acid, lauric acid, and caprylic acid. All three of these acids can kill candida, which is a common cause of fungal infections in the skin.
- Coconut oil can be used as a cloth diaper cream. It can be used as a barrier to help prevent diaper rash.
- Coconut oil helps lighten age spots.
- It helps prevent stretch marks when pregnant.
- When used consistently on your skin, it can get help with the reduction of cellulite.
- It can help to improve the itch of chicken pox and poison ivy.
- Coconut oil, when placed on cuticles, can help nails to grow.
How To Use Coconut Oil
When using coconut oil for your face, apply as you would with any other moisturizer. Only use a small amount; use about twice a week. Wipe off after two minutes. If irritation occurs, stop use. If no irritation occurs, start applying in larger portions on your body and leave overnight. While it does have a greasy consistency, it’s great at absorbing rapidly into your skin. Here’s a quick video that will show you how to apply it:
Has coconut oil worked for you? If so, what are your favorite uses for it? Please use the comment box below and leave us some feedback. We’d love to hear from you! Also, check out our Shop before you head out. We have tons of great products that can help with your acne and skin in general. We hope you enjoyed this article on the benefits of coconut oil for skin.Until next time!